Parque das Aves is an internationally recognized rescue and conservation centre for birds, located in the middle of the rich and exuberant Atlantic Rainforest, neighbour of the Iguaçu National Park. Backstage Experience is your opportunity to have a look inside of our work during a tour that lasts 1 ½ hours. It includes access to restricted areas and the privileged contact with some birds, featuring feeding of toucans and other species and the opportunity to better understand the conservation and rescue programs that the Parque das Aves accomplishes.
Languages: Portuguese and English
Times: 7:30 am, 10:30 am, 2 pm and 4 pm
The 7:30 am tour happens while Parque das Aves is still closed to the public, allowing the participants of Backstage Experience a more private immersion.
Duration: 1 ½ hours
Price: R$ 200 per person
The tour may include:
Baby Station: Get to know a baby bird and understand how the baby room works during the breeding seasons;
Psittacine training: learn about the training and its importance to birds species and the technical team in order to occupational therapies, physical and cognitive development;
Sensory activity of touch: Handling of caterpillars with the technical team of the Butterfly.
Depending on the time, it may also include one or more of the following:
- Hand feeding of flamingo chicks;
- Toucan feeding;
- Get to know one of our endangered Atlantic Rainforest parrots, ambassadors of their species;
- Enter into our aviary of rescued songbirds and feed the campo troupial;
- Feed our Frog mouth rescued from mistreatment;
- Feed the Cracidae, that are species related to the chickens;
- Access to our parakeet aviary to feed the more than thirteen species of birds rescued from trafficking and mistreatment;
At the end of the experience you will be taken to a private deck, enjoying a garden of butterflies and hummingbirds and interacting with Araras Canindés, you can also recharge with some juice and snacks.
As animal welfare is our absolute priority, the content of the tours can vary without further notice.
Daily tours with limited vacancies.